Thursday 13 December 2012

Last day at work :)

A little bit of a #tbt post. . . 


Last Thursday 6th December 2012, I finally finished work and I am now on maternity leave WOOO HOOOO. 
The joy is just glorious. 

I have been a Referrals Administrator for an Independent Fostering agency for the past 3+ years. I thank God I was able to work up until my 9th month of pregnancy, as I will not be back to work at least until December 2013/January 2014 (I get a whole year off with my little fella). 

My last day was pretty bog standard really. In all honesty I had switched off from work mode and was so preoccupied by braxton hicks, appointments, finishing my course and last minute buys for my hospital bag, that my last working week & working day arrived a lot quicker than expected. 

My office members definitely spoilt us, and we got a huge bag full of treats, cards, flowers and vouchers! Can't believe we received so much. Thank you to you all again! xxx


Definitely a bitter sweet moment to leave the office as so much can change within a year and I will miss some of my office members. However. . .I am just counting down the days until I get to meet our little prince and glad I can do this more comfortably now :)

I haven't really been up to much since I have been on maternity leave. I have relaxed, had a lie in, been washing and ironing baby's bits, and moving back into my room following the re-decorating - which is NEARLY finished! Woop woop. 

I plan to:
  • Relax, relax, relax
  • Pamper myself - pedicure, manicure 
  • Relax some more
  • Catch up on reality tv programmes - I feel so out of the loop lol
  • Enjoy getting all prepared for lil' man . . . I absolutely love seeing all his clean little clothes around the house
  • Wash, iron, clean - definitely got the nesting bug

Is there anybody else currently on their maternity leave, how are you finding it? 







No comments:

Post a Comment